Managed IT Services
Managed IT Services Providers Today
As companies seek out ways to control their costs, increase efficiency, and maintain a focus on their core business, they’re increasingly turning to managed IT services providers. The industry is seeing steady growth, and experts expect that trend will continue.
While customer relationship management (CRM), email hosting, and storage/backup/recovery are among the most commonly outsourced tasks, many providers are diversifying their offerings. Driven by heightened concerns about cybersecurity, many providers are beefing up security services to meet demand.
Approximately 43 percent of cyberattacks target small businesses, and in-house IT departments can’t always prevent or address them. As a provider of managed IT services, you have a unique opportunity to enhance your relationships with your current customers by providing exclusive security solutions.
BENEFITS FOR MANAGED IT SERVICES PARTNERS
- Provide your customers with exclusive CSR privacy services.
- Help them better safeguard personally identifiable information by providing self-assessments, steps to remedy identified deficiencies, policies and best practices, and regular performance monitoring.
- Offer CSR breach reporting services, which act sort of like insurance in case of a security event. Despite preparation, businesses are eventually going to be breached—it’s just a matter of when. Our breach reporting system can help minimize the harm in terms of fines and reputational damage.
- Generate new leads.
- Increase loyalty and customer retention.
- Gain recurring monthly revenue without capital investment.
HOW DO SMALL BUSINESSES PROTECT THEMSELVES?
You know small businesses are the primary target for those who carry out cyberattacks, but just how vulnerable are these companies? According to a 2017 survey by Manta, only 69% of small business owners report that they’ve implemented measures to help protect against cyberattacks. Below are the most common preventive tactics:
- 17% install antivirus software
- 16% use firewalls
- 14% run anti-malware software
- 14% utilize spam filters
- 12% run regular vulnerability scans
- 11% enable automated software updates
- 10% use data encryption
- 6% rely on outsourced security operations
ATTRIBUTES OF A CHANNEL PARTNER
As a IT services professional, you may be an excellent fit as a CSR channel partner. Here are some desired traits:
- You have a strong roster of small- or medium-size business customers.
- You bill your customers monthly for services.
- You are eager to stand out in the competitive marketplace.
MALWARE ON CREDIT CARD SYSTEM AFFECTS GUESTS OF 4-STAR HOTEL IN KENTUCKY
The Galt House Hotel in Louisville, KY, recently alerted guests that they may be victims of a data breach. The hotel discovered malware installed on the credit card processing machine. This malware captured guests’ names and credit card information, including numbers, verification codes, and expiration dates.
The breach went undetected for several months, affecting visitors from December 2016 to April 2017. The hotel urged these guests to keep an eye on their bank accounts and report suspicious activity. They also assured customers the situation was resolved and they will strive to improve cybersecurity to prevent future issues.
BECOME A CHANNEL PARTNER
Are you ready to increase your income, grow your business, and diversify your offerings? Fill out the form below to apply for the channel partner program. If you have any questions, call CSR today at 888-294-6971.