Regulated Medical Waste
RMWM Providers Today
Safeguarding private information is vital, especially in the healthcare industry. However, in recent years, an increasing number of data breaches have put patients’ privacy and identities at risk. In 2016, an estimated 9.2 percent of reported breaches in 2016 were in the medical sector.
That year, 106 major healthcare data hacks occurred, exposing 13.5 million records. Each record costs an average of $402, according to a Ponemon Institute/IBM report. That adds up to staggering $2.8 billion spent due to these breaches.
For the RMWM industry in particular, privacy has become an increasingly important issue. Though HIPAA explicitly regulates most types of healthcare data, medical waste regulations are vague. The overlap in the disposal of biological waste and protection of data is a frequently discussed topic.
Fueled by exponentially increasing amounts of medical waste as well as growing investments in medical waste disposal, the RMWM industry is booming. How can companies set themselves apart from competitors? Offering a broad range of services is among the most important success factors for businesses in the medical waste disposal industry, according to global business intelligence firm IBISWorld.
MWMA is the largest trade organization of regulated medical waste companies.
BENEFITS FOR RMWM PARTNERS
- Provide your customers with exclusive CSR services from a company with thorough knowledge of privacy regulations, including the handling of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Help clients effectively protect patient PII & PHI through self-assessments, plans to address gaps, policies and best practices, regular performance monitoring, and certificates of completion.
- Offer CSR breach reporting services—basically insurance in case a security event occurs. In the healthcare industry in particular, breaches are becoming more likely. CSR’s breach reporting system can mitigate damage to reputations and help prevent costly fines.
- If a breach occurs and customers need to be notified and perhaps given access to credit monitoring, CSR can offer access to Equifax breach services at a reduced rate because of our strategic partnership with them.
- Differentiate from competitors with additional services.
- Gain new customers.
- Improve customer retention rates and boost loyalty.
- Increase recurring monthly revenue, with no capital investment required.
ATTRIBUTES OF A CHANNEL PARTNER
As a professional in the regulated medical waste management industry, you may be an ideal candidate to become a CSR channel partner. In general, here’s what it takes:
- You already have numerous small- or medium-size business customers.
- You rely on a monthly billing system for services rendered.
- You want to set yourself apart from your competitors by increasing your service offerings.
If this sounds like you, consider becoming a CSR channel partner. You can increase revenue, attract new customers, and stand out in your field.
WHAT IS REGULATED MEDICAL WASTE?
Also known as biohazardous waste or infectious medical waste, regulated medical waste (RMW) is refuse that could be contaminated with potentially infectious materials such as blood and bodily fluids. Companies in the RMW management industry deal with pickup or mailback receipt, treatment, and disposal of these materials, with the goal of protecting people and the environment.
WHAT MATERIALS ARE CONSIDERED REGULATED MEDICAL WASTE?
Regulated medical waste management is quite different from other aspects of the healthcare industry. Unique challenges abound, with regulations often originating from multiple state agencies rather than at the federal government. These regulations apply to the whole process, including containment, labeling, storage, transportation, and treatment. Due to these differing regulations, it’s not always immediately clear which types of waste are technically regulated and what requires certain disposal regulations.
WHAT TYPE OF BUSINESS RELY ON RMWM SERVICES?
- Doctors' offices
- Dental offices
- Hospitals and Urgent Care offices
- Long-term care facilities
BECOME A CHANNEL PARTNER
If you want to boost your bottom line, expand your business, and stand out from the crowd, apply for the CSR channel partner program today. Simply fill out the form below, or call 888-294-6971 to speak to a team member.