What is Personal Information?Personal information (PI) is any material that can identify another person. Examples of PI include credit card numbers, social security numbers, bank account numbers, driver license numbers and more.
- • Who is the owner.
- • What data is collected?
- • How is that data collected?
- • The reason for the collection. These include consent, necessary for your service, legal obligation and others.
- • For which specific purposes are the data collected? Analytics? Email Marketing?
- • The categories of sources from which you collect consumers’ personal information.
- • Which third parties will have access to the information? Will any third party collect data through widgets, social buttons and integrations for example Facebook.
- • Where applicable, details relating to cross-border/ overseas data transfer and which measures are in place to facilitate this in a safe and compliant way.
- • What rights do users have? Can they request to see the data you have on them; can they request to rectify, erase or block their data?
- Do not hide
- Match your data practices
- Ask for consent
- Make it short and relevant